Thank you for your interest in interning with Senator Tuberville’s office! An internship in Senator Tuberville’s Washington, D.C. office offers undergraduate students the opportunity to learn firsthand about the daily operations of the Senate.
Internship Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must have a high school diploma
- Must have completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate courses. Law students and graduate students are welcome to apply, but should be aware the program is geared toward undergraduate students.
- Alabama ties are preferred. Students who don’t have any ties to Alabama are able to apply, but should be aware that the office has a preference for Alabama students.
- Applicants must be enthusiastic, hard-working, possess strong communication skills and eager to assist Senator Tuberville’s office in serving the people of Alabama.
Internship responsibilities vary by session and are dependent upon the current activity of the Senate, but generally interns are responsible for:
- Speaking with constituents about Senate activity
- Assisting with research on specific policies
- Attending and transcribing hearings
- Sorting and replying to constituent inquiries and mail
- Tracking the progress of legislation
Interns will receive a stipend intended to offset some of the cost of housing and meals in D.C. Students are responsible for coordinating their travel to and from Washington, D.C. as well as securing housing and accommodation for their stay. The 2021 summer intern session will run from Monday, June 7, 2021 – Friday, July 30, 2021.
In order to apply, students must complete the application in the link below by Monday, April 5, 2021 and submit any required materials. Further instruction is available in the link. Once the application deadline has passed, the office will review all received applications and will notify students about the status of their application.
If you have questions about Senator Tuberville’s internship program, please reach out to the Administrative Director, Jessica Newman at Jessica_Newman@tuberville.senate.gov or 202-224-4124.