Senator Tuberville nominated Hayes to represent Alabama in Class of 2027
WASHINGTON — U.S. Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) today announced that Quentin Christopher Hayes received an appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy. Quentin is a graduate of Enterprise High School and is currently attending the U.S. Air Force Preparatory School. His parents are Juan and Christina Hayes.
Regarding this year’s group of appointees, Senator Tuberville said:
“America’s national security depends on brave young men and women who are willing to serve in our armed forces. I am proud that some of our most talented young Alabamians have stepped forward to answer the call to defend our country. They’ve worked extremely hard to receive their academy appointments, and I have no doubt they’ll continue to make our state and country proud.”
A complete list of students who received service academy appointments through Senator Tuberville can be found below:
United States Air Force Academy:
- Pruitt Dobbs Bain: Son of Charles Mark and Ginger Bain; Montgomery, AL; Trinity Presbyterian Upper School
- Carson James Hall: Son of Ray and Dawn Hall; Ranburne, AL; Ranburne High School
- Patrick Christopher Davidson: Son of Rick and Kelly Davidson; Auburn, AL; Auburn High School
- Jeff Kwon: Son of Kihwang and Mikyung Kwon; Montgomery, AL; Loveless Academic Magnet Program School
- Jane Wright: Daughter of Hess and Carolyn Wright; Demopolis, AL; Demopolis High School
United States Military Academy:
- William Haddon James: Son of Scott and Jamie James; Birmingham, AL; Evangel Christian School
- Samuel Cade Waggoner: Son of M. Hagan and Jennifer Baxtor Waggoner; Auburn, AL; Lee-Scott Academy
United States Merchant Marine Academy:
- Richard Joseph Schneider IV: Son of Richard and Trudy Schneider; Birmingham, AL; Oak Mountain High School
- Calvin Burton: Son of Robert and Julianne Burton; Huntsville, AL; Grissom High School
- Nathan Villamora: Son of Ernesto and Tahnia Villamora; Fairhope, AL; Marion Military Institute
United States Naval Academy:
- Connor Ramones: Son of Paul and Stephanie Ramones; Salem, AL; Smiths Station High School
- John Isaac Roberts: Son of Benjamin W. and Jennifer H. Roberts; Andalusia, AL; Riff Valley Academy, Kijabe, Kenya
U.S. Service Academies provide students wishing to serve our country’s military with the opportunity to serve while obtaining higher education. Service academy appointees go through an extensive process to receive a nomination. Applicants complete the required ACT and SAT exams and provide letters of recommendation, a school transcript, and the required application form. Upon graduation, students must commit to five years of active duty. More information on applying for a service academy nomination can be found here.
Senator Tommy Tuberville represents Alabama in the United States Senate and is a member of the Senate Armed Services, Agriculture, Veterans’ Affairs, and HELP Committees.