WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) joined Fox & Friends to discuss the impact of rising inflation and the 50th Anniversary of Title IX.
Excerpts from Senator Tuberville’s interview can be found below, and the full interview can be found here.
ON THE IMPACT OF INFLATION AND RISING GAS PRICES:
“I was in Alabama all last weekend going around to restaurants and grocery stores. Inflation’s out of control.”
“It’s been growing for the last two years ever since he [Biden] took office.”
“Basically, if you compare it to being a football team, it’d be like playing without an offensive line, what we’re doing, by not having fossil fuels. You can’t do it. It’s impossible to have a strong and growing economy without energy.”
“Everything [in the Biden administration] is about throwing money at something, ‘that’ll fix it,’ but obviously it makes things worse.”
ON THE SUCCESS OF TITLE IX IN WOMEN’S ATHLETICS:
“We should be having a huge celebration up here today because it is really one of the few things… that’s worked in the Capitol here in the last 50 years.”
“It made it a level playing field for everybody, and it has been a huge success.”
“I coached women’s basketball back when I first started in high school coaching, and I saw the emergence of it [Title IX] right off the bat. But now, Joe Biden is getting ready to make proposals that’s going to bring it to its knees.”
“Title IX opened up leadership skills and being able to play and learn how to win and lose for women for the last 50 years and look you’ve got senators up here that they will tell you that women’s sports helped become a senator. It helped them to come out of their shell, understand how to work with other people…so it’s been a great success.”
Thursday, June 23rd was the 50th anniversary of the enactment of Title IX. Senator Tuberville’s comments came as the Biden administration announced its proposed rule to expand the definition of “sex” to include gender identity, which would require institutions that receive federal funds to allow biological males to compete in women’s sports and undo Title IX’s five decades of success for female athletes.
- DAILY WIRE: Ahead of 50th Anniversary of Title IX, Senator Tuberville Warns Biden Admin is Hacking Away at Women’s Progress
- DAILY WIRE: Senator Tuberville: Biden Title IX Modifications Will Destroy ‘Opportunities For Generations Of Women And Girls’
- WASHINGTON EXAMINER: Biden executive order will ruin women’s sports and erode Title IX
- DAILY CALLER: Dr. Ben Carson, Sen. Tuberville Break Down Why They Think Trans Athletes Shouldn’t Compete In Women’s Sports
- Tuberville on Biden Administration’s Upcoming Title IX Proposed Rule: ‘It would take a wrecking ball to the five decades of Title IX success and tilt what was a level playing field to the far left’
- Tuberville Warns Secretary Cardona Against Weakening Title IX Protections
- Tuberville Emphasizes Importance of Title IX Protections
- Tuberville: The Real March Madness
- Tuberville Offers Amendment Protecting Women’s Title IX Rights
Senator Tommy Tuberville represents Alabama in the United States Senate and is a member of the Senate Armed Services, Agriculture, Veterans’ Affairs, and HELP Committees.